Cairo Day Tours $40 Per Person
Enjoy visiting the real birthplace for Christian monasticism, Wadi El Natrun. Your tour includes visits to many old monasteries such as Deir El Baramus, Deir Anba Bishoi and Deir El Suryani.
Drive from Cairo to Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism, where you will and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism. You will visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed in the area. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus, the oldest and most isolated monastery. Then move on to to Deir Anba Bishoi whose body is still in the monastery. At the end of the day tour you will visit Deir El-Suryani, the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries. Then you will transferred back to Cairo.
- Pick up services from hotel & return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place
- Private English-speaking guide
- Bottled water during your trip
- All taxes & service charge